This RPG picks up after the end of Book 5 “Order of the Phoenix”. The contents of Book 6 "Half Blood Prince" will not affect this game. Lord Voldemort is starting to gain enough power to become a major threat again. Wizards and Witches everywhere are pressed to choose sides between the Order and Voldemort as they gain followers.
Meanwhile, Hogwarts is back in session. Even though Hogwarts is the safest place in Britain, it does not mean there is not dissention. Children are being forced to choose sides as the adults are, and on top of that these children are still experiencing the growing pains of becoming adults (i.e., homework, friendships, romance, and the biggest morality choice that they will ever have to make…to follow Dumbledore or Lord Voldemort).
The Four Houses may have language, adult themes and moments of violence that will support the storylines. We ask that those who apply to play or follow the storyline to be 18 years of age or older. The makers of this RPG cannot be held responsible for those who find the subject matter of this RPG disturbing. As of now, to be safe this RPG is rated “R”.
All interested in applying please fill out this application and e-mail HERE. Your application should have the following. Please note that your character must be believable. Characters with extreme powers or outlandish abilities will be denied. We do not support Mary-Sues or Mary-Stus.
Real name: Age: AIM/YIM/MSN name: Character Applying For/Creating: Desired PB for Character: What You Know/Made Up About Character: What Storylines or Plot Ideas Do You Have for Character: Writing Sample in scene form(at least 150 words in character POV - First person present):
1. In order to join, you have to apply for the character you want (application above). A list of available characters can be found HERE.
2. Once accepted please let moderators know your characters lj user name. Please note that if you leave the game you will need to surrender your character journal to one of the moderators for adoption.
3. Only one person per character, unless a member is leaving the community; then their character will go up for adoption. Character journals will need to be turned over to the moderator for adoption of character.
4. Original characters are currently allowed in a case by case situation. Original characters will be created with Moderators to help find a place in plot for them.
5. Any major plot changes, such as character death must first be approved by moderators. Feel free to flirt, joke, tease, taunt, love or argue (in character of course) with other characters. These characters are perceived as real people, let’s make them believable.
6. All ships are allowed, as long as both characters are consenting.
7. All out of character comments should be made in The Four House Out Of Character community (4h_occ), these entries are now to be friend locked. Only players are allowed to be in the 4H OOC community, though we ask that players join with their personal journals there as well to not miss notices.
8. the_four_houses community will be used for all character scenes. All scenes are to be written first person present tense, and (as of May 30,2007)friend locked.
9. Individual character journals are now for characters personal thoughts and character growth, all entries are considered private; which means though we as readers know what is going on in that character's head our characters do not.
10. Cast members before May 2006, please do not delete anything out of your journals as all game play has been placed in the 4H memories, thank you.
11. Please write owl posts in community under a lj cut.
12. Godmodding is not allowed. You must have the other players permission before you have their character have any type of action.
13. All cast members are responsible for their own storylines and communication with fellow cast mates, please be courteous if you plan on changing an already established storyline with all involved.
14. All characters must post once a week minimum. This means they must either start a scene in the main community, write a journal entry in their own journals, or join a scene that is already in progress.
15. All members are held to a 60 day probationary period.
16. This community runs with a "Three Strike" philosophy, this means that you will be given three written warnings before you are terminated from the community. At that time you will need to turn in your character's journal for adoption.
17. By joining this community you agree and will adhear to these rules.
Disclaimer!!! The characters on this site are based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books, Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No copyright or trademark infringement is intended. Any and all celebrities that are shown on this site are in no way affiliated with this site, 4h_occ, or 4h_fans.